Monday, September 14, 2009

The Boerboels are great with my kids!!!!!


 I got a lot of response about a photo like this of Moe & Remy with my youngest son. I know I talk a lot about my training experiences with Remy but I feel that is a very important part of being a Boerboel owner, but we have plenty of fun with Remy and lately Moe. I often times have to remind myself that these are some big dogs.
 I got a few emails asking if I was crazy having a child alone handling dogs that obviously outweighs him. My response is usually something like this,.  I took the picture so he was not alone. and second my son has been around Remy and Moe since they were born. Moe was originally my mothers dog. He has a special relationship with them that only they understand, I feel absolutely and positively secure having him with the dogs.
 Being a Boerboel owner I find it hard that they have anything but a stellar  reputation, but I have heard rumors that from time to time things happen.Occasionally  when I  am out for a run with Remy I see people hurry up and cross the street....o.k. you caught me all the time. Or remember my friend on the porch!!! Remy is very attentive and alert she is also fearless so I must remind myself that when properly bred these dogs will be fierce protectors of the home and family as well as model citizens. Remy in fact, I am very thankful to say  exhibits all of these qualities. Many people know nothing of the breed and the associate the Boerboels size with a mean dog. My experience with Boerboels has been very rewarding. I just insist anyone thinking of purchasing a Boerboel should take the opportunity to visit and get to know a Boerboel.

No comments: