Sunday, September 6, 2009

Moe's visit

Recently Moe a two year old male Boerboel from Exotic Boerboels came to spend some time with my family on his way to his new home. I was asked to help Moe with some basic obedience. Well I found out Moe has a pretty good grasp of obedience commands so we are just refreshing a few things. While I was working with Moe I learned a few things about Remy. This is the first time we have had another Boerboel in the house. I took Remy and Moe out for a romp when Moe arrived, they are pretty familiar with one another since my brother is their breeder and they have spent time together, so I did not anticipate any problems with them getting along and I have not had any. I did notice that when the kids came out to play with Moe, that Remy did everything in her power to stay between Moe and the kids. Is she acting jealous or is she just being protective. Moe was pretty tolerant of Remy's protests but occasionally he would let her know he could do whatever he wanted to. I found Remy's behavior very interesting she knows she could not stop Moe but that did not stop her from giving it her all to protect her family. My cousin was also over that night with his 5 month old pit mix whom Remy is quite fond of so it was interesting to see how she was looking over him as well. All in all we are having a good time and and I will be sad to see Moe move on to his new home but he will be close enough for us to visit any time we want to.

No comments: